Feb 08, 2022
Horizontal Collaboration by Collaborative Sourcing & Joint Tendering
Friday, January 21st, 2022
Why this workshop
Supply network coordination and collaboration is key in delivering a decarbonized freight transport and logistics sector in an affordable way and it is one of the key areas of the implementation of the ALICE Roadmap for Zero Emissions Logistics 2050.
In this workshop, ALICE will share its 2022 work plan within the Coordination and Collaboration Theme and we will dive in the subject of Horizontal Collaboration by Collaborative Sourcing, based on the experiences and learnings of the ALICE member TRANSPOREON that will share this white paper and discuss it with participants to take the next steps into actual implementation.
Agenda and presentations
Session chaired by Michael Archer, ALICE supply network coordination and collaboration chair and Customer Collaboration Director R&D at CHEP.
- ALICE framework on Horizontal Collaboration. Michael Archer. ALICE supply network coordination and collaboration chair and Customer Collaboration Director R&D at CHEP. (Download presentation)
- Draft White Paper “Horizontal Collaboration by Collaborative Sourcing”. Serge Schamschula. Senior Partner Manager & Sustainability Spiritus Rector at TRANSPOREON and ALICE supply network coordination and collaboration vice-chair. (Download presentation)
Discussion and feedback from participants will be facilitated through SLIDO.
- How to operationalize collaboration and do it in a sustainable way?
- Is collaboration requiring an entity that drives the process?
- How and what need the shippers to commit, what kind of flexibility need to facilitate?
- How to enable collaboration at zero or minimal set up cost? Is certain harmonization required?
- How to arrange and communicate the tender in a transparent way? How to build trust in the whole process?
The session will also include the first insights from a joint tender exercise in progress.
Back to overview